POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Earth render with blowout atmospheric parameters for artistic look : Re: Earth render with blowout atmospheric parameters for artistic look Server Time
7 Aug 2024 03:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Earth render with blowout atmospheric parameters for artistic look
From: EagleSun
Date: 6 Jun 2006 22:35:00
Message: <web.44863a26e4051eaccfb0a3d70@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> Hmmm... Hmmmmmm.....
>
> Hmm! I like it a lot! I think, you actually got a better atmosphere than I
> got previously. I think, most of it can be kept this way. Maybe (just my
> opinion) the atmosphere is just a little bit too bright. I would suggest to
> reduce the brightness or ambient (or gamma) value a little bit.

Yeah, I blew it up purposely.  It's really tricky.  Reducing the brightness
will also reduce the haze, making the surface look too clear.

> Please see
> again the attached photo of the atmosphere.

I've seen this before... Is this a photo or a render?

> However, the appearance of the
> atmosphere might differ in dependency from the distance to Earth, I believe.
> Due its brightness it looks too sharp. That would be what I would give a try
> to, if I had the entire source code for the atmosphere. Would you consider
> to publish it?

Sure.. I would like to publish it.... be ware that it's still in a quite
volatile state, even after working on it for more than a year already.  As
soon as I publish it, it will be modified again.

Now where do I upload it to?  There are so many confusing forums to login to
and I don't want to upload it to the wrong site.

> But besides that, I really think I would prefer your atmosphere to my own
> one.

I'm quite flattered... and would like to work together with you so that we
can perfect our renders.

Here is "/include/EagleSun/worlds.inc"

Here's a challenging sample...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'gpw-20050916-nasa-sts093-708-37-atlantic-ocean.jpg' (97 KB)

Preview of image 'gpw-20050916-nasa-sts093-708-37-atlantic-ocean.jpg'
gpw-20050916-nasa-sts093-708-37-atlantic-ocean.jpg